Post a message

Schizophrenia Help

Author: Anonymous (Lake)
Posted: 10/19/2017 @ 6:05 pm
My 37 year old sister has been suffering with schizophrenia and bipolar aggression for the last 19 years.. it was finally under control- Last summer to winter 2016 with the medication she had. (She had good conversation and studied to get her Drivers License back, good hygiene and no problems) In Dec 2016 her regular Dr. ended up changing to someone else for Lake County.. the new Dr. changed all her meds (not at our request) and since then her condition has been the worst we’ve seen since before she started medication! It’s been awful, non stop inappropriate talking, talking to no one, out bursts, bad hygiene and no matter how many times we’ve requested to go back to the medication she was on, the answer is no, be patient. Recently she’s been more violent and unpleasant to be around. It’s heading in the wrong direction. How do we request to transfer to a new Dr. ? The current Dr doesn’t understand the havoc her condition is having on the whole family. My mom is suffering from panic attacks and high blood pressure. The medication change has created the worst year of our lives. Can’t go on like this.
Author: Anonymous (Wake County)
Posted: 10/26/2017 @ 2:37 pm
I am sorry to hear that your sister and your family is going through this. I'll give you the classic social worker answer to your question "how do we request to transfer to a new Dr.?" - it depends. It depends on her care is being funded. If your sister is receiving services via Medicaid/MCO/AllianceBHC it depends on what program and what agency she is associated with. Clients have rights, one of those rights is "provider choice", so you all should be able to find a more understanding, and less paternalistic doctor to work with and help get her back on the meds that were working for her. If you have BCBC/HealthSouth/Attena/other for profit insurance it will depend on the provider network and who you (she) can see. Changing perscribers will hopefully not be a monumental task, good luck!
Author: Anonymous (Lassen County)
Posted: 10/31/2017 @ 6:30 am
Sounds like there was a doctor change? What happened to the previous doc? It sounds like Lake county public mental health doc changes. That happens often in county mental health. Too, was the previous med a controlled substance like a benzo? If the change was made due to the classification of med, benzo, there should be a be a taper down plan. Someone, patients rights advocate, could go with client to doc and ask the important questions related to the changexy8e in medication.
Author: Anonymous (Merced County)
Posted: 11/01/2017 @ 1:45 pm
From the first time I took prolyxn it has helped me calm down and not get schizo active and obnoxious and threatening. check out prolyxn for calming and controlling schizophrenia. I am not outwardly violent on it.
Author: Anonymous (Merced County)
Posted: 11/03/2017 @ 10:58 pm
again, prolyxn stopped voices and fantasies and anger at others. I am more caring for myself, I can make my own doctor appts., I can lead a large group into managing. I think you ought to train the subject into obedience with rewards AND talk to them, since they want someone to talk to about their lives, plans, illnesses and all sorts of things that ARE important to them. besides it is just their personality while in a half dream dream.

Driving Walking/Biking Public Transit  Get Directions